- EOTW(Ch. 3-4,7,10-14,16-20,22-23,25,27,29-30,38,41-53)
- GH(Ch. 3-4,6,8,12,18,24,38-40,42,45-46,48)
- DR(Ch. 10-11,13-18,21-23,25-29,37-39,48-49,51,54-56)
- SR(Ch. 5-9,11-12,16,21-23,34-37,48-49,52,57-58)
- FOH(Ch. 2,5,7)
- EOTW(Ch. 1-2,21,24,26,33-37,40,Glossary)
- GH(Ch. 1,7,9,14,16,19,21,23,26,31,33,35,37!,43,47,49,Glossary)
- DR(Ch. 2,6,19-20,24,32,41,43-44,46-47,52,Glossary)
- SR(Ch. 1-2,10,15,17,24,28-29,31,39,41,46-47,50-51,53,Glossary)
- FOH(Ch. 3-4,6,9)
- POD(Ch. 1)
- KOD(Ch. 1)
- Daughter of Mayor of Emond's Field
- Can channel
- Called "Tuli" as a damane
- Strong in channeling Earth
- Aes Sedai novice (DR 24), turned Accepted (GH 23)
- Uses name "Joslyn" on board the Darter (DR 48)
- Named Amyrlin Seat of the rebel Aes Sedai in Salidar(by COS Prologue)
At the beginning of The Eye of The World, Egwene is living in Emond's Field with her family, and has just begun to braid her hair to show she is of marriageable age. Nynaeve has told her that she can "listen to the wind", and may be able to become a Wisdom. She sneaks into the stables when Rand and the others are preparing to leave with Moiraine in EOTW 10, insisting that she come too. Moiraine allows her, and she leaves the village riding Bela. They run from the Draghkar and cross the Taren River. In EOTW 12, Moiraine shows her that she has the inborn ability to channel.
At the beginning of The Fires of Heaven, Egwene is in Rhuidean with Rand and Moiraine. She is studying with the Wise Ones, and wearing a Great Serpent Ring as if she is already full Aes Sedai. By FOH 7, she has learned to find people's dreams in Tel'aran'rhiod, and she has eavesdropped on several people's. She is concerned about Aviendha's apparent fear and hatred of Rand, and of Moiraine's sudden submissiveness.
At the beginning of Knife of Dreams, Egwene has been captured by sisters from the White Tower and dosed with forkroot. She is taken to the Tower in a coach with five sisters who are almost at each other's throats.