Generation Ship is a hypothetical interstellar spaceship that travels between stars at slower than light speed. Journneys between the stars would take anwhere from decades to thousands of years, during that time the original occupants of a generation ship would grow old and die, leaving their descendants to continue traveling, depending on the life span of its inhabitants and relativistic effects of time dilation.
- Argonos - Richard Paul Russo's novel Ship of Fools
- Nauvoo - James S.A. Corey's novel Leviathan Awakes (Mormon Generation Ship)
- King Jesus - David Maruselk's novel Mind Over Ship
- Whorl of the Long Sun - Gene Wolfe's novel The Book of the New Sun
- Great Ship - Robert Reed's novel The Well of Stars
- I.E. Lester. "Generation Spaceships." Darker Matter. n.d.