Luna is the less parochial name for The Moon, Earth's only natural satellite. Luna is the fifth largest natural satellite of any celestial body in the Sol system, second only to Charon, relative to its primary. It is also the setting for many works of science fiction.
- Isaac Asimov's 1973 novel The Gods Themselves
- Arthur C. Clarke's novel A Fall of Moondust
- Philip Jose Farmer's novel Tongues of the Moon
- Robert A. Heinlein's novel The Moon is a Harsh Mistress
- Ian McDonald's novella Menace From Farside
- Anthony O'Neill's The Dark Side
- Alastair Reynolds's novel Blue Remembered Earth
- John Varley's novel Irontown Blues (An Eight Worlds Novel)
- Poul Anderson's short story "SOS" in his collection Dialogue With Darkness
- Outpost by Dave Weaver
- In the unfortunate 1979 film HG Wells' The Shape of Things to Come, the Moon is the location of the city New Washington, constructed by colonizing refugees from Earth.
- Moon 2009 film