Political anxiety about the neutrality of states during the Second World War like Switzerland, Spain and Portugal, and during the Cold War like Finland, Switzerland and Austria, inspired some science fiction writers to create neutral planets.
- Arrakis - Dune universe
- Babel - "Journey to Babel," Star Trek: The Original Series Episode, 44, Season 2, 11-17-1967, and Christopher L. Bennett's novel Tower of Babel
- Caladan - Dune universe
- Fafnir - Robert Silverberg's short story "Neutral Planet"
- Harmonthep - Dune universe
- Kolhar - Dune universe
- Neutral Planet - Futurama
- Parliament - Star Trek: The Next Generation
- Tlulax - Dune universe
- Zeta Boötis III (a.k.a. Neural), Star Trek:TOS episode "A Private Little War."
- What neutral planets existed at the time of the Rebellion? Star Wars universe
- Unallied planet - Dune universe
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.